If you’ve been reading my Twitter feed on the right, you know that my family is taking a journey through the wonderful world of potty training. We’ll talk about that a bit more later. Even though my hands are full I still pushed and pulled a few moments out of 2 days to sew.
My project? A toddler bed sheet!! Last week’s BLT tutorial was just too inviting. And with a 20% off coupon to Joann’s I had to give it a try. Saturday went shopping. Sunday measured and cut. Monday added the border and Tuesday finished it up. And guess what ? It fits the bed perfectly and was so easy! I love easy…who doesn’t?
Now I say easy but it did leave a bit to be desired. Most 100% cotton fabric, seersucker or knit fabrics are 44″ (give or take) and when you finish squaring it up (which means cutting off the selvedge) you are left with approximately 43″. So per the instructions, cut a rectangle that is 45″ x 67…Problem! So I added a 1″ border to each side to make up the difference. It worked. I’m so happy with it!!! And of course can’t wait to make more.
You can see a hint of the pink border. LOVE IT!!! And so does Kira!!!
It fits perfectly. My one worry for some reason was that it wouldn’t be deep enough but it was more than. Enough actually that I can pull the elastic back out, make a larger casing in order to make the casing edge “cleaner”.
I had another picture to show you (the other/open end of the bed) but for some reason it disappeared but you get the idea.
I was so excited to “test drive”it that I pulled the current sheet off the bed and put on the new one. Kira took one look, grabbed a pillow, the pulled off sheet and as you can see was quite happy.
A Side Note: We still have the bunting on her converted toddler bed even though all the literature says to remove it. But she tosses and turns and loves the “corners” so much we left it in place to avoid a bumped head or other body part during the night.