1. I will not go on a diet. I will not go nuts and gain 50 lbs but I will put butter on my toast in the morning and not worry about it.
2. I will not join a gym first thing Monday morning. Yes, I will stretch, drink plenty of water and continue to chase after, educate, and steer away from harm, my 20 month old daughter (which burns more calories than any spin cycle class ever could).
3. I will continue to shower my family with love, affection and tireless devotion.
4. I will take back my power over myself. (To elaborate on this would take volumes and neither you nor I have the time or desire to get into it.)
5. I will post more, knit more and read (books and blogs) more, cook more, eat more, worry less.
I started the cooking and eating off with this bit of delicious-ness. Hawaiian Bubble Bread. I thought about getting a bread machine but then thought, save the money. There is something very grounding about getting your hands “dirty” kneading bread. Puts you in touch with a special part of yourself.
Bread Modifications: I couldn’t find the pineapple-orange-banana juice concentrate so I used pineapple-orange juice. It makes the bread less sweet but you can make up for it with a little more cream of coconut poured over the top. YUM!
Live more, worry less, eat and lighten up on the resolutions.