One of the goals I set for myself for 2008 was to step out of my comfort zone, on many levels, and challenge myself in as many ways as my mind/body/spirit can handle. Here’s one of a couple so far this year…toe-up socks. In all my sock knitting I’ve only tried them once before and just didn’t like the fit of the short row heel…but then I found this pattern and here are the results.
I used this method for the toe…pure genius. The video does tend to go on a bit but stick with it, it’s worth it.
Doesn’t that heel look great…I’m really impressed with this pattern…I had a moment, when I started increasing on the sole stitches, of not quite knowing where this was going but it worked…
Look at that gusset…what I have to do now is figure out how to change the numbers to accommodate various yarns, gauges, patterns, etc…
One major motivation for wanting to give toe-up a try was having some sock yarns in my stash with limited yardage and wanting to use them to their fullest potential. Good to the last drop….
Yarn: Claudia’s HandPaint Yarn
Colorway: Donna’s Favorite, 2 skeins