NHM #7 is DONE!!
Just like socks…you knit them for the product as much as the process. Each day it seemed to change for me… which one I was enjoying more. One of the biggest things this project taught me was how to control my tension when working 2 colors. I hold a yarn in each hand and it’s my left hand (nondominate) that’s gives me trouble. But as you can see the stitches are pretty even so I’m much improved.
I wanted to show you a close up of the thumbs which I searched high and low for and found very few images of. And it’s the thumbs where people seem to have the most questions, as I’ve been reading on the KAL.
I tried to line up the pattern on the thumb with the palm. I’m very happy with the way it looks.
Dancing Ants on the top of the mitt…
More ants…that I got by sort of fudging the numbers on the thumb. The original pattern said to have 29 sts. The errata said to have 28 sts, including the picked up 11 not 12 sts but I ended up with 31 and it worked perfectly…a perfect example of the numbers “mattering” only so much. As long as the end result works and you are within reason of where you should be…then just do and don’t worry about it.
Pattern: NHM #7
Source: Selbuvotter by Terri Shea
Yarn: KnitPicks Palette, 1 skein Bark, 1 skein Cream
Needles: Addi #0 (2 circs)
Can’t wait to start another pair!!! Thank you Terri, for the book and all your hard work.